Walter’s Gaming Curio Box
- Box. An antique octagonal walnut box with pale blue silk lining and ornate brass catch. The box is in good condition with a few light scratches on the lid and measures approx. 14cm x 9.5cm x 8cm.
- Charles Goodall Card Dominoes. A full set of miniature card dominoes cards c.1910. The classic pub game in an easy to carry size. The box is in a worn condition around the edges and the initials KA are written on the side and top of the box.
- Antique Advertising Barclays Stout Bottle. A rare and unusual miniature brass beer bottle shaped container. The bottle has a secret hidden compartment containing three miniature dice. The bottom of the bottle pulls out to reveal the secret compartment containing the tiny dice. The bottle measures just 6cm and each die only 6mm square. The enamel on the bottle has wear consistent with age and use.
- Goodalls Elfin Playing Cards. An antique miniature double set of playing cards in a box with a charming Victorian style label c.1900.
- Poker Dice. An early set of five bakelite poker dice in a black velvet drawstring bag. The dice are an unusual pale orange colour and are worn through use, but as the markings are carved, they are still visible.
- Teetotum. A brass teetotum dating from WWI or WWII. Also known as ‘put and take’ these brass spinning tops were very popular during the war years.
- Walter’s lucky ha'penny badge. A half penny coin cut and then welded onto a metal disc to create a wearable badge.
- Walter’s Pencil. Walter used this pencil to record his winning in his little black book. Sadly, the book is lost, along with all his secrets to winning!
Walter’s Box is an antique box filled with antique and vintage gaming items dating from the first half of the 20th century. These games would have been played by soldiers during the wars or perhaps ‘down the pub’ while sharing a ‘pint’ with friends in peace time. These wonderful curios, desirable collectables in their own right, are complete and playable.
Product Code : 1958
Weight : 0.473kg