Steven’s Curio Box
Description: A vintage North African REAL camel bone box with brass fixings and embellishments measuring approx. 7.5cm x 5.5cm x 3.5cm.
- A small piece of a fossil. Millions of years old.
- An old key. What treasures were hidden in the box that this key locked away?
- An Egyptian bead. An ‘ancient’ bead like one from a Pharoah’s tomb? What was the world like when this bead was worn? What do those hieroglyphics on the bottom of the bead mean?
- An old coin from China. Why is there a square cut out from the middle of the coin? What do those interesting symbols around the edges mean?
- A marble from the early 1900’s. Before video games and mobile phones, children everywhere would play marbles in school playgrounds. How did they get that lovely blue wave inside? There are lots of chips on this marble, it must have been played with many, many times
Steven’s Box is a tiny treasure chest containing an assortment of miniature curiosities from all over the world. Perfect for the new antiques or curiosity collector.
This would make an unusual gift for anyone, however, this would not be suitable for a small child due to the small size of the pieces contained in the box.