‘Mahsa’ Crystal Fortune Telling Ball Die or Dice (Large)
A superb Czech crystal fortune telling ball from c.1930.
This rare and unusual piece of Czech glass is a 32 sided die. It was manufactured around 1930 for the purpose of fortune telling but as divination was illegal, it was marketed as a fortune telling game.
As these beautiful crystal balls were individually crafted, each one is unique. They all differ in appearance, size, weight and, as they are now aged, they also differ in condition. From the course of my collecting and research, it appears that there are three sizes; large, being about 3cm in diameter, medium being about 2.5cm and small, being about 2cm in diameter. To tell each apart from the other, I have given each divination ball a name taken from constellations. This beauty has been named ‘Mahsa’.
I have written a short blog about these wonderful crystals, so if you'd like more information you can read it at: kimscurios.com
Here are the details for the unique Czech crystal ball, Mahsa:
- Meaning – Like the Moon
- Size - Large
- Weight – 24.7 grams
- Markings – The numbers are filled with white paint and the 0 has the words - Made in Czechoslovakia
- Condition: Excellent, like new.
- Container – A beautiful red velvet top hat style trinket box with a lift off lid and a window with a silver plated edge in the top.
- Accessories – A small grey velvet drawstring bag.
- Each Czech crystal fortune telling ball comes with an instruction booklet produced by Kim’s Curiosity Shop from a collection of 1930’s vintage instructions. The booklet also includes a short history of the Czech fortune telling die and information about Czech glass. The booklet is printed on high quality parchment paper and comes in a wax-sealed brown craft paper envelope.
Product Code : 1488